At the recent 2021 Outdoor News America (Blue August) Writers’ Conference in Grapevine, Texas the longtime maker of quality suppressors, SilencerCo introduced the Hybrid 46M modular suppressor.
Suppressors have been gaining popularity at all levels of the gun world for quite some time now. Hunters, shooting enthusiasts, and military/law enforcement have all been utilizing suppressors with increasing frequency. Now with the release of a modular system in the Hybrid 46M, use of a suppressor just became even more appealing.
The intent of the Hybrid 46M is providing the everyday shooter with a single suppressor that has the capability of effectively suppressing multiple firearm calibers at an affordable price point while also providing modularity and accessory compatibility.
According to Matt Pinnell the company’s spokesman, the Hybrid 46M has just been announced by SilencerCo literally this week.
An overview of this brand-new suppressor from SilencerCo was described as follows:
“The Hybrid 46M is a light, compact, modular centerfire rifle suppressor, with the versatility to use on magnum rifles, pistols, and subguns.”
Technical Specifications for the Hybrid 46M include:
- Caliber Compatibility, 9mm to 45ACP /5.56 NATO to 45-70 Gov and up to 338 Lapua
- Total Length, 5.78 to 9 inches
- Weight, 12.2 to 19.9 ounces
- Diameter, 1.57 inches
- Muzzle Average dB rating, 128.9 dB to 140.7 based on caliber
- Finish, Black Cerakote
Other Features and Highlights for the Hybrid 46M include:
- Includes Charlie ASR Mount and Charlie .30 caliber front cap
- Compatible with the Charlie ASR Mount, all Charlie Direct Thread Mounts, Charlie Piston Mount, all Charlie Front Caps, all ASR Muzzle Devices, Pistons and Tri-Lug
- Short Configuration: weighs 12.2 oz. & Measures 5.78 inches (without mount)
- Long Configuration: weighs 14.9 oz. & Measures 7.72 inches (without mount)
- Rated for all centerfire pistol and rifle calibers including 45 Auto, 10MM, 450 Bushmaster, 458 SOCOM, 45-70, 338 LM and up to 460 Weatherby Magnum
- Constructed of Titanium, Inconel (a registered trademark of Special Metals Corporation and super alloy that is known for its ability to withstand extreme pressure and heat while resistant to oxidation and corrosion) and 17-4 Heat Treated Stainless Steel
- Full-Auto Rated
- MSRP of $1,117
The Hybrid 46M ships with everything the shooter needs to disassemble it, including a multi-tool, a spanner tool, an ASR mount, a .46 caliber front cap and a .30 caliber front cap.
As presented at the Blue August event, the SilencerCO Hybrid 46M is the world’s first and only truly modular large bore suppressor. Find out more about the Hybrid 46M and other SilencerCo products at silencerco.com.